22 April 2018
A study in 1 Corinthians
Chapter 11 (Continuing our discussion)
1) Give examples of the kinds of relationships where one person has authority over another person (or, over several people).
2) Which of these relationships did God originally establish, and which are of human origin?
3) Compare Ephesians 5:22-33 with 1 Corinthians 11:3-16. What is the proper relationship between Christian husbands and their wives?
4) What are the different ways that women carried out God's work in the Bible. Make a list of the names of some women who served God in the Bible. What did each of these women achieve?
5) Read again 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. What was the meaning of each of Jesus' actions in this passage?
6) What was He asking Christians to do?
7) Why must Christians remember Jesus' death, and what effect should this have on their lives?
8) Read again 1 Corinthians 11:27-32. Why is communion such a serious occasion?
9) How should Christians prepare before they take communion?
10) How do they judge themselves?
11) What is God's promise to people who confess their evil deeds to Him?
12) How can people be sure that God has forgiven them?